In a battle to expand its business, MySpace rolled out MySpaceID in a bid to become more open source. Together it also announced its new partners namely; Vodafone and Netvibes. I guess MySpace takes the cake away from Facebook Connect as it uses open standards all across, with OAuth, OpenID and Open Social to enable users access other services using their MySpace login. I think Facebook should more readily adopt the strategy as their is no point in alienating itself from the lot, especially that MySpace accepts Google FriendConnect too.
Posted December 9, 2008 by Sardar Mohkim Khan
- MySpace plans to open up, might roll out OpenID integration
- Facebook: Enables Auto-Login with Google and Yahoo accounts
- Facebook Opens up: Ready to accept OpenID for Login/Register
- MySpace closes Spaces with OpenID; adds more users to it
- MySpace Gives Up Its Fight With Facebook! Implements Facebook Connect