iH8sn0w, the much known iPhone developer released Sn0wbreeze version 2.7 to bring support for the untethered jailbreak to iOS 4.3.3 and for the OS 4.2.8 on the Verizon iPhone 4. We had already shared the guide for the untethered jailbreak with PwnageTool bundles for the Verizon iPhone 4 on IOS 4.2.8. The current release of Sn0wbreeze will do great for those on the GSM a sit helps them to keep their existing baseband for the iPhone 4 and those with the iPhone 3GS. These can then be unlocked using the Ultrasn0w.
Following are the steps on how to jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 for the Verizon iPhone 4 and iOS 4.3.3 as well. You will first be required to download the following files:
- Sn0wbreeze 2.7 for Windows
- iOS 4.2.8 for Verizon iPhone 4
- iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch
1. Start Sn0wbreeze and hit next to proceed to the next step.
2. Select the custom .IPSW file by hitting the browse button. Sn0wbreeze will identify the file and with that done you can proceed by clicking the next button.
- iOS 4.2.8 (8E303) for the Verizon iPhone 4.
- 4.3.3 (8J2) for the GSM iPhone.
3. You will then have to select the Expert Mode to create your own custom firmware. Sn0wbreeze will notify you when the process is done.
4. You will then have to enter the DFU mode by:
- Hold the Home and Power for 10 seconds
- While the holding the Home button for another few seconds, release the Power button.
- The DFU mode is on.
5. Start the iTunes and select the iOS device that is connected to the system. Once selected you can then select the custom .IPSW file and open it.
That’s it, you are all done and watch iTunes take care of the rest of the procedure. Upon completion your iOS device will be jailbroken on 4.2.8 and on the 4.3.3, which include your iPhone 4, iPod Touch and the iPad.