While the iPhone or the iPod Touch exist as the most powerful devices when it comes to mobile entertainment they do have other uses as well. Recently the iPod Touch helped rescuers find out Sebastian Gomez, a snowboarder who had been lost for almost two days. The unlucky snowboarder found nothing save for an iPod and lighter, which he waved desperately to catch attention of the rescue helicopter. The rescue team were able to see light from the items (thanks to night vision goggles) and take home Gomez. It’s good to see such devices help its users in such way, though I would just like to know if anyone would be interested in creating a rescue app (maybe an adventure game)?
- Facebook Relaxes Rules For On-Page Competitions: Big News For Brands And Business
- Update: Mobilink Reveals Its New Identity, Launches A Responsive Website
- Click.to: Your Copy and Paste Shortcut App For The Desktop
- Adzine, A Pakistani Startup Experimenting With What’s Already In The Box
- UpUpStart Announces Epic Skater for Android and iPhone
- Adding Style To Your Pill Cases: Kickstarter’s CapsulePen Raises $15,000
- Chatwing: Expanding the Horizons of Blogging and Internet Marketing
- West vs East Coast Business Swagger
- iPad 3 Released Has 264 PPI Retina Display, Quad Core A5X Chip, 5MP Camera–Just a retuning of The iPad 2
- The iPad 3 Will Have Haptic Feedback And Probably SenSeg Is Behind It
- Do you forget important tasks or dates? Make sure you are Remindd!
- Australia’s Griffith University includes Twitter as part of Curriculum! Will more followers ensure a better grade?
- EMC Corp. combines acquisitions to make one: Decho
- ChatShuffle Video Chat App Brings ‘Chat Roulette’ Flavor To Facebook
- Auto Block/Unblock of contacts in Windows Live Messenger :s
Popular Tagsacquisition ads Android app apple Apps Ban China Chrome dead facebook funding Gmail google how to iOS iPad iphone iphone 4 iphone 5 ipod touch jailbreak microsoft mobile music myspace Nokia pakistan privacy Reports Rumors search social media social network startup startups tips tool tools Twitter verizon video web yahoo youtube