While all those with the Verizon iPhone 4 have been long waiting for the untether jailbreak. I mean users with the iPhone 4, iPod Touch and the iPad have already for their jailbreak when the iPhone Dev Team released Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 and the PwnageTool 18.104.22.168 for the untethered jailbreak but things had been a bit slow for those with the CDMA based iPhone. There was an earlier release by iH8sn0w that let users on Windows jailbreak their device with Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 today the developer released PwnageTool 4.2 Bundles for the same.
The PwnageTool 4.2 bundles will jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 on the Verizon iPhone 4. You can use the the steps below to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.8 with PwnageTool.
1. Download the following files
2. Right click PwnageTool 4.2, select Show Content Package and move over to Contents-Resources-Firmware Bundles and then copy the iOS 4.3.8 bundles in the folder.
3. With the copy done, you can close the window and start PwnageTool to create custom firmware for the iOS 4.2.8.
4. You can then start the iTunes and click the Restore key while holding the Option key.
5. Now select the custom iOS 4.2.8 firmware and wait while the iPhone 4 is restored to the custom firmware.
That’s it, you now have your Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken on the iOS 4.2.8. You can watch the video below:
For more tips and news on Jailbreaks you can join Startup Meme on Facebook or follow @smohkim on Twitter.