Google dumped Google Groups to look to Yahoo Answers Q&A platform for AdSense help. The advice was given recently to members of the Google AdSense Help forum, as the new site allows AdSense users to ask questions and gain responses by other users. Checking out the site, one finds that the new format is quite identical to Yahoos’. The email that was sent out to users is as follows:
The AdSense Help Forum is moving from Google Groups to a new platform that offers a number of features our users have requested. As a result, the English AdSense Help Forum in Google Groups will be closed to posting starting today, October 30, 2008. In order to continue asking and answering questions of other AdSense users, please visit the new forum at http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdSense?utm_source=aso&utm_campaign=ww-en-em-asforum_bulk&utm_medium=email. Anyone can read the forum, but you’ll need to sign up using your Google Account in order to post.
The new platform offers the following features:
- Question & answer format to help you find answers quickly
- Improved search functionality and integration with the AdSense Help Center
- Better spam detection and prevention
- Public recognition of Top Contributors and frequent posters
- Ability to subscribe to ask questions and receive answers via email
Thanks in advance for your patience as we work to build a community in the new AdSense Help Forum. We hope you’ll come check it out!
[via The Inquisitor]