Here comes news of quite an important acquisition in the Arab world as Smashing Magazine acquired Noupe, an Egyptian blog. Why? Well because Smashing Magazine is the most popular web development and design website with over 4 million visitors a month while Noupe also focuses on both design and development of websites. We aren’t aware of the cash value of this acquisition but I bet its quite a heavy amount given that the blog generated a very healthy monthly traffic with close to 35,000 feed subscribers. Apart from the finances of the deal, the acquisition is more than just encouraging for the Arab world given that it shows the interests of the West in the region.
- Facebook Relaxes Rules For On-Page Competitions: Big News For Brands And Business
- Update: Mobilink Reveals Its New Identity, Launches A Responsive Website
- Click.to: Your Copy and Paste Shortcut App For The Desktop
- Adzine, A Pakistani Startup Experimenting With What’s Already In The Box
- UpUpStart Announces Epic Skater for Android and iPhone
- Adding Style To Your Pill Cases: Kickstarter’s CapsulePen Raises $15,000
- Chatwing: Expanding the Horizons of Blogging and Internet Marketing
- West vs East Coast Business Swagger
- iPad 3 Released Has 264 PPI Retina Display, Quad Core A5X Chip, 5MP Camera–Just a retuning of The iPad 2
- The iPad 3 Will Have Haptic Feedback And Probably SenSeg Is Behind It
- Steve Jobs not attending Apple’s last MacWorld Expo
- Confirmed! Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak To Release On Christmas!
- Startup Meme, a startup focused blog set to reach 100,000 page views by the end of July 2008
- NYT: From Good to Bad and Worse
Popular Tagsacquisition ads Android app apple Apps Ban China Chrome dead facebook funding Gmail google how to iOS iPad iphone iphone 4 iphone 5 ipod touch jailbreak microsoft mobile music myspace Nokia pakistan privacy Reports Rumors search social media social network startup startups tips tool tools Twitter verizon video web yahoo youtube