Are you exhausted with typing long names, words and sentences and thinking how to generate shortcuts of text? Fortunately, one of the new characteristics of iOS 5 is capable to do that. Such as, instead of typing the complete sentence “On my way” you just need to type “omw” and iPhone will automatically change this short form to its actual full expression.
To check out how to put in your own shortcuts, following are the steps:
- Go to launch settings
- Click on Tab General
- Then Tab Keyboard (at the bottom)
- There you will see a section called Shortcuts where you can see the pre-created shortcut for ‘omw’.
- Click on tab ‘Add new shortcut’
- In phrase field, insert the complete phrase for which you want to create a shortcut.
- In shortcut field, add the short form you want to replace the above phrase with.
- Click Save.
- If you want to edit a shortcut created, tap on the shortcut from keyboard menu.
- To delete a shortcut, click on Edit option at top right corner of keyboard menu.
Now you have learned to create your personal shortcuts. These shortcuts work similar to auto-correct option, so there is nothing extraordinary you need to do to use them. Just type shortcut and you will see a pop up bubble with the actual phrase. Press space which allows the replacement with selected phrase, and striking the bubble will cancel the phrase replacement.