Most iPhone 4S users are still waiting for a jailbreak for their device. It is more than a month now since iPhone 4S was officially released and still there is no news about Jailbreak availability. I believe the iPhone 4S users would still have to wait for some more time to get a tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S.
It is really hard for people who used to enjoy jailbreak possible luxuries in their devices with previous iOS versions to wait for that long. A useful feature that was commonly used by iPhone users after jailbreaking their device is SBSettings toggles that enables you to quickly switch to some low-level functions like Airplane mode, Blutooth, Wi-Fi, etc. In this article we will explain how to create custom shortcuts on iPhone without jailbreak.
How to Create Custom Shortcuts on iPhone Without Jailbreak:
If you cannot wait to use jailbreak features on your device any longer, there is an alternate available but only with a compromise. The following video will guide you about creating custom shortcuts for your favorite settings without any need of Jailbreak.
A useful app for creating custom icons with specific URL links for certain apps is IconProject that is available for 0.99 dollars from the App Store. The app is not free but it provides you with the best and simplest way to create shortcuts.
Creating custom shortcuts for your certain app settings is by no means an equivalent to SBSettings as SBSettings allow you to use direct toggles. Creating custom shortcut is simply a link to specific sections of the Settings app. Even though, you cannot expect the same from this alternate as is provided by SBSettings but still it can work for you until a jailbreak arrives.
Following is the list of preference shortcut addresses that you can create using IconProject.
- About / prefs:root=General&path=About
- Accessibility / prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY
- Airplane Mode On / prefs:root=AIRPLANE_MODE
- Auto-Lock / prefs:root=General&path=AUTOLOCK
- Brightness / prefs:root = Brightness
- Bluetooth / prefs:root=General&path=Bluetooth
- Date & Time / prefs:root=General&path=DATE_AND_TIME
- FaceTime / prefs:root = FACETIME
- General / prefs:root = General
- Keyboard / prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard
- iCloud / prefs:root=CASTLE
- iCloud Storage & Backup / prefs:root=CASTLE&path=STORAGE_AND_BACKUP
- International / prefs:root=General&path=INTERNATIONAL
- Location Services / prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES
- Music / prefs:root = MUSIC
- Music Equalizer / prefs:root=MUSIC&path=EQ
- Music Volume Limit / prefs:root=MUSIC&path=VolumeLimit
- Network / prefs:root=General&path=Network
- Nike + iPod / prefs:root=NIKE_PLUS_IPOD
- Notes / prefs:root = NOTES
- Notification / prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID
- Phone / prefs:root = Phone
- Photos / prefs:root = Photos
- Profile / prefs:root=General&path=ManagedConfigurationList
- Reset / prefs:root=General&path=Reset
- Safari / prefs:root = Safari
- Siri / prefs:root=General&path=Assistant
- Sounds / prefs:root = Sounds
- Software Update / prefs:root=General&path=SOFTWARE_UPDATE_LINK
- Store / prefs:root = STORE
- Twitter / prefs:root = TWITTER
- Usage / prefs:root=General&path=USAGE
- VPN / prefs:root=General&path=Network/VPN
- Wallpaper / prefs:root = Wallpaper
- Wi-Fi / prefs:root = WIFI
I hope you will find these shortcuts helpful until the jailbreak becomes available. Share your experience with iPhone 4S without the jailbreak by commenting below.