Buzznet, a music and celebrity related social network, has cut its staff by around 11% – laying off 10 workers in a bid to refocus its efforts on popular products amid worsening economic conditions. The current round of lay offs brings the total staff to 79. The company raised a $6 million venture round in 2007 from Anthem Ventures and Redpoint Ventures. Buzznet is now looking to increase headcount in sales, editorial and engineering divisions in order to accelerate its monetization efforts.
- Facebook Relaxes Rules For On-Page Competitions: Big News For Brands And Business
- Update: Mobilink Reveals Its New Identity, Launches A Responsive Website
- Click.to: Your Copy and Paste Shortcut App For The Desktop
- Adzine, A Pakistani Startup Experimenting With What’s Already In The Box
- UpUpStart Announces Epic Skater for Android and iPhone
- Adding Style To Your Pill Cases: Kickstarter’s CapsulePen Raises $15,000
- Chatwing: Expanding the Horizons of Blogging and Internet Marketing
- West vs East Coast Business Swagger
- iPad 3 Released Has 264 PPI Retina Display, Quad Core A5X Chip, 5MP Camera–Just a retuning of The iPad 2
- The iPad 3 Will Have Haptic Feedback And Probably SenSeg Is Behind It
- First iOS 4.1 Security Flaw And Now FaceTime For Mac Has Security Issues Too! I Guess Screwed Is The New Apple!
- Search engine launches personalized features
- Mercora AKA Social.fm bites the dust
- Baidu Workers: "The strike’s off only if our demands are met"
- Examineurl: Sherlock Holmes for Site Analytics
Popular Tagsacquisition ads Android app apple Apps Ban China Chrome dead facebook funding Gmail google how to iOS iPad iphone iphone 4 iphone 5 ipod touch jailbreak microsoft mobile music myspace Nokia pakistan privacy Reports Rumors search social media social network startup startups tips tool tools Twitter verizon video web yahoo youtube