It was seeded at Hackathon and Mark Zuckerberg was pretty casual about it but Facebook Video has fared well beyond his expectations. Facebook saw a surge in views of its video feature as they totaled to one billion falling behind YouTube that sees more than 1.2 billion on a daily basis. But that shouldn’t be something to worry about for Facebook as it’s a social networking site and an unchallenged leader added with being the largest photo sharing site as well. I guess it will be interesting to see how it develops further and a year later it’s able to be a significant video portal, like MySpace Music has done over a year since its launch.
Posted July 22, 2009 by Sardar Mohkim Khan
- Flickr reaches 3 billion mark
- Twitpic Launches Photo Tagging, Looks In Good Shape To Leverage 190 Million Twitter Users
- They might have lost the Social Networking throne, but MySpace Music continues to thrive
- MySpace Gives Up Its Fight With Facebook! Implements Facebook Connect
- Facebook to acquire Spotify?